Have you ever wondered what the difference is between bottled and tap water? You may be surprised to learn that drinking water from the tap and bottled water may be very similar. Even better, drinking water from the tap is a better choice for your wallet and for the environment! Your kids need water to stay healthy. Keep reading to find out why tap water is a good choice for your family.
Facts about bottled water
- In terms of safety, tap water and bottled water are comparable.
- 25% of all bottled water is actually tap water.
- Americans buy 29 million bottles of water each year. Only 1 out of 6 make it into a recycling bin. The others add to the world’s growing problem of solid waste.
- Americans spend billions of dollars on bottled water each year.
Facts about tap water
- Tap water is safe to drink and is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Tap water is tested for contaminants at least once a year.
- Filling reusable water bottles with tap water helps protect the environment.
- Tap water cost pennies per day compared to a few dollars for bottled water.
Choose water instead of sugary drinks. Water can help your family stay healthy! For more information about heathy drinks, visit www.rethinkyourdrinknevada.com